Forum: Photoshop

Subject: What are the advantages of PhotoShopCS over PSP8?

AnnaKirsten opened this issue on Jun 11, 2005 ยท 14 posts

AnnaKirsten posted Sun, 12 June 2005 at 4:25 AM

Hi Chuck, Herein lies an interesting question.. Postwork is something I do a huge amount of, but I also like to draw/paint stuff, such as scenes, clothing, even faces - from which I have even made brushes.. Now comes the other problem I am experiencing. If I'm drawing/painting with my art tablet, I find it extreeeeemely difficult to get those lovely tapered ends to fine lines, or not to get the pixelly appearance, without LOTS of modification using things like the push tool. Take hair for instance.. How were these made by people like Antje or Ravenheart? Surely I should be able to achieve similar too? Question is, would it help if I got the more expensive Wacom tablet that's available, which is MUCH more sensitive to your strokes and can be used on its side etc., or.. Is another art program the answer? - Or both?? I hope this gives a better idea of what I am trying to achieve? I've managed a LOT with what I have, but am not satisfied yet! Nicky.

AnnaKirsten

My Website

Is the light at the end of the tunnel my way out, or is it an oncoming train just about to make me extinct?