Forum: Fractals

Subject: 2007 "Fractal Universe" Calendar Choices

gumbykat opened this issue on Jun 19, 2005 ยท 17 posts

Pannyhb posted Sun, 19 June 2005 at 9:22 PM

Well, I'm going to jump in. This was my first year as "co-editor" (and let me tell you all, Linda helped me every step of the way, and I am eternally grateful)... The process was fun, but Linda is right - it is VERY time consuming. We received over 600 images. We bent over backward to include a great variety of images that met the submission requirements - the rule of thumb was to submit at least one image from each and every fractal artist that sent in an eligible fractal. This includes flames, XD images, and images from many different fractal programs. We wanted the pubisher to see as many different types of styles and fractal generators as possible. But as Linda told me over and over, "they choose what they choose" :) Our personal images were sent in addition to the over 200 requested by the publisher for making their selections. I was as shocked as anybody that Avalanche took two of mine. If it were up to me, I'd have only chosen the "one" that we are allowed for editing the calendar. Thanks to all the people who have thanked Linda and me for the work we did this year. The whole goal is to allow fractals to be seen by as many people as possible:) This year's submissions were outstanding. I'll guarantee that the printing will sell out, as it has in the past several years. I'm game to do this again next year. I'm thrilled that so many quality artists participated:), and working with Linda was a real treat. For those that do not know her, Linda is a real class act. I'm also thrilled for those artists whose submissions were chosen. And I hope that as many or more of you submit images again next year, if Avalanche decides to do another calendar!!!! Panny