Forum: Fractals

Subject: 2007 "Fractal Universe" Calendar Choices

gumbykat opened this issue on Jun 19, 2005 ยท 17 posts

FireLily posted Mon, 20 June 2005 at 3:33 PM

Last year, Keith gave basically the same advice: Look at what the publisher likes and try to render a fractal that meets those requirements. I took this advice to heart and studied all the the art on the calendars from previous years. Still, I was shocked to see that one of my fractals made the calendar since I have only been making fractals for a little over a year and I still stuggle with coloring and compositon. I am not a trained artist. I am eternally grateful to Linda and Panny. If it weren't for them, we would not have this calendar to get fractals out there for folks to view, enjoy, and hopefully purchase. Since this calendar sells out each year, there seems to be a market for fractal art presented this way.... hint, hint. Like Keith, I would love to see fractal art become part of mainstream art. This calendar is one way to get it there. I submitted my fractals partly for the money, but mostly to help promote fractal art. I would love to see more fractal art in art shows and possibly even a gallery in the near future. If y'all remember, a while back, Janet Parke had some of her fractal art published on the covers of a series of mathematics workbooks that students all over the country will be using. I think that is great! Mary