Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: to anyone who has bought the Renda character

shedofjoy opened this issue on Jun 22, 2005 ยท 274 posts

Blackhearted posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 5:11 PM

" Tells me I don't need another V3.
Marque"

another V3? give some of the merchants a chance to do some work with her marque...
SoftgoodImage38442b.jpg

personally, i dont think shes as bad as some people are making her out to be (yeah, having created an add-on for her i have a stake in the thing, but thats not why im saying this). give renderosity a chance to issue a fix for the joint params - they have been working on them since it got brought up and there should be a fix soon. there are areas on her that are improvements on V3 - personally im very pleased with the shoulders. you need to know how to pose them (observe how your own shoulder joint works, and duplicate it in poser by moving both the shoulder and arm. remember the arm doesnt go straight up 90 degrees, it goes forward and then rotates up about 65 degrees from there, or more depending on your flexibility) but after using poser for 5 years or so i finally did my first 'arms raised above the head' render where the figure didnt look totally unnatural like the unimesh figures and posette tend to do.

shes also lower res, which is nice. v3 is a little bloated, and many of you folks would be shocked at how many poser users still cant use the unimesh figures because they dont have enough RAM, or theyre on win9x and poser crashes every time they load them in a scene or they hit render. many of those that can load a unimesh figure crash when they try to render two.

also, the figure is not by Daz: which is a good thing - in order for the poser market to truly flourish the stranglehold that Daz and CL have on it have to be loosened, and this is a step in the right direction. there are many people working on it, and it has potential. hell, i would support her based on this alone - that the more successful she is the more people will realise that Daz is not the only source for original poser figures out there. its very unfortunate that it was released with some joint issues, but no doubt theyll get fixed and the renderosity merchants will work their magic on her and she should turn out OK. she is a bit rough around the edges, but labeling her as a 'POS' is pretty harsh.

keep in mind also that this is Renda 1.0. not Renda 1.1, or Renda 2.0, or Renda 3 SR4. she is totally new, so some issues will undoubtedly arise. i dont think a Daz original figure exists that hasnt had at least one CR2 update, and vicky 3 has had dozens and years of development/rehashment time from the original zygote vicky 1 mesh. have any of you purchased the original Daz dragon? not the mil dragon, the older one. the one that was like $60 when it was first released. i nearly cried when i bought it and first tried to pose it. Daz isnt immune to such mistakes either.

so yeah, shes a bit rough, but shell be fixed soon and she gives both an opportunity for a new, less resource intensive figure in your poser library and also paves the road for a renda 2.0 and a larger poser market that isnt totally dominated by CL and Daz. in that respect, give it a chance to grow rather than crushing it before it gets off the ground.

cheers,
-gabriel