Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: to anyone who has bought the Renda character

shedofjoy opened this issue on Jun 22, 2005 ยท 274 posts

ratscloset posted Fri, 24 June 2005 at 10:16 AM

I just want to clarify my Pricing Comments. I am not talking about the items that are always $1 or even $5. I am talking about the special Sales where a $20 Item is sold for $1 for a limited time (upon its release) With the proper marketing and announcements, these types of offers will generate more income than a straight discount release. Just by selling 10X the initial projected sales you can cut the needed profit margin to 1/10 of the normal profit margin and make the same amount of money. Tie this in with sales of normal discount of some addon products, like Morphs, Clothes, etc... and you will increase those sales. Granted, as a merchant, you can not do this at this site or other Marketplaces, but you can do it your own site store (just be sure you have the bandwidth to handle the demand!) This approach is similar to the Give the figure away, and sell the Add-ons. The advantage to this approach is by limiting the special price you increase the demand to get it now. Linked with other special promotions on related products (but not free or deep discount) you should be able to increase sales on those items as well. DAZ did this with the Skeleton and the Skeleton Textures and other Add-on Products for the skeletons. Even when they offered the last day for people to get the items they missed, they still made money, because items like the skeleton were more than the intial release since the initial 30% Sale had ended. I personally do not buy the cheap items, just because they are cheap, but I would buy items from well known artists at a deep discount, that I normally would not buy. BAT Labs is a good example. I think the items done are great and I will get the Limited, but I can not justify buying the items, because I have no great need for them and need to save my resources. Now, if the same items were offered for a day or two at a deep discount, I might buy them in hopes that I could use them in the future. The idea is that even if I buy 10 and only need 1, I paid the same amount for the 10 as the 1. Exclusive Items are not items of RO, DAZ, or any of the other common Marketplaces, and yes high price will limit the exposure of the items keeping them unique. Those type of items are custom orders most often and RO, DAZ and others are not really into that market. 3D Universe has an approach for that type of work that seems more suited.

ratscloset
aka John