Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: RENDER ME THIS, RENDER ME THAT...........

dayjo opened this issue on Jun 25, 2005 ยท 32 posts

Blackhearted posted Sat, 25 June 2005 at 5:26 PM

OS? if youre on 9x, upgrade to XP or 2000. poser always crashed for me on windows 98, its never crashed since i switched to 2000, and then later xp. if youre using poser 4-5, then the viid card has nothing to do with it. if you are using P6, then it might, if you have the OpenGL workspace enabled. i have no idea whhat the minimum specs are for it, although it works fine on my secondary rendering machine which just has a 128 meg geforce4 mx4000, which for all intents and purposes is the same card you have just a bit more RAM. theyre unveiling the next gen of video cards around now (not sure if they have yet, been too busy to check current events), so if you can stick it out for a couple of months you will get a much better card for your 120 pounds. im not saying buy the next gen ones - it never pays to buy cutting edge, in terms of bang for your buck. but the prices of the current lineup of cards will drop, so it may make the difference between you being able to get a valuee/mainstream card or something like a vanilla geforce 6800 which will last you awhile. then again thats always the argument with computers... if i wait a few months, ill get something much better, and if you dont watch it youll end up putting off your purchase forever, heh. so i guess you need to decide how badly you need that card now. if you can live with disabling the OpenGL workspace for a couple of months till around sept, youll get a better card. if you need it now, try to get a 6600 GT, if you shop around you may find some good deals (not certain what the exchange on the pound is, im assuming its still better than the US dollar). im sticking with my radeon 9700 pro for a little longer, ill get something this xmas when really good deals roll out. i think its rediculous how much theyre charging for vid cards now, i saw one the other day in the store for $1300 canadian, and it wasnt a pro workstation card either.