Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Dystopian

Moebius87 opened this issue on Jun 26, 2005 ยท 31 posts

deci6el posted Tue, 28 June 2005 at 12:02 AM

Oh, yeah Baby! Sign me up! I dare not make any suggestion that could slow down the release date as it could come in handy soon. My current 'street crap" includes, newspaper machines, vending machines, trash cans, mail boxes, currently too distant to be seen. Might be a couple of repeats but here goes some suggestions: Street signs (parking, loading etc) , parking ticket vendors, Walk/Don't Walk signals, Traffic lights, pedestrian barriers, fire hydrants. I noticed you're steering clear of any cables in your street lamps. Just looking at my Tokyo pics, there's lots of transformers and cables hanging off of stuff. But I can also understand, while it is Dystopia, it's also a more future, rather than retro look. So, this was just brain-storming as requested. Looking at most of the stuff on my list I don't see why I couldn't do some of that stuff (like a street sign) myself . The traffic lights or fire hydrant could be something where you would want the design to stay consistant. It's all very cool and I eagerly await its release. I'm sure Stonemason is gonna make some wicked textures. good luck and thanks for the heads up, don