Forum: Community Center

Subject: Regarding the Renda Figure from RPublishing

tim opened this issue on Jun 29, 2005 ยท 208 posts

ynsaen posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:56 PM

"Additionally, while I have absolutely nothing against 3rd party characters, historically these have not done well, even with a LARGE amount of backing from heavy hitting merchants. Again I ask, why did you think this would be different?" hisminky, um, er, well, uh, DAZ figures are 3rd party figures, and, um, well, I'd like to think they did fairly well. "At the very least they were using YOU to market their product, counting on YOUR customers that YOU worked hard to acquire, so that their product would sell." Absolutely. All the posts about her dysfunctions were, ultimately, not bad things. They served a simple purpose, which was to make more people aware of her. The more posts people made, here and at different sites, the more exposure she got. THe more exposure she gets, the more "buzz" is created. It doesn't matter if the exposure is created by a bad thing or not. If the issues with her had been anything but the jcm and Eula probs, this figure might have had a rocky start, but would have gone one to do rather well. For the simple and single reason that she had a hell of a lot of people talking about her. "...what is the next step for the merchants who have taken a hard hit? They have to somehow repair their relationship with their customers. " Hardest hit I've seen is Blackhearted -- and a large chunk of that is his own fault for being vocal. He, however, will recover reputation wise fairly easily from his association with Renda. He does good work. More of it will do just fine. The RTE coding of the figure is an error to do. Pull her, and then do the rigging properly. For cryin out loud, Clint's on the team -- and while he may not be the greatest thing since bread mold, he's got the ability to rig her himself if he would put himself to the task. Take the time to do her properly -- if that's 3 weks, fine, if its 3 years, just as fine. At this point, all you have to do is fix the damned cr2. Without opening V3 to do so. So do it. oh, and mahna mahna.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)