Forum: Community Center

Subject: Regarding the Renda Figure from RPublishing

tim opened this issue on Jun 29, 2005 ยท 208 posts

Jack D. Kammerer posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:17 PM

I can honestly say that when Renda was initially released I was surprised at how fast she was done, learning about her creation back in April I was VERY surprised to hear that she was released only two months later. As a person who has worked on a completely ORIGINAL figure, I can tell you that a two month development time for anyones first go of it is unheard of and certainly is an omen for disaster. Victoria and Michael by DAZ (all versions) took months and months worth of work by a nice sized staff. Dina V by DSI took a little over nine to twelve months to complete from scratch. Max by Anton has taken several years of development and work by Anton ALONE to make that figure what it is today. Natalia by Dcort took a good while before she was released, dont know the actual time limit, but knowing Dan and the perfectionist that he can be from working on Dina, I am sure it took a good while for her figure before release as well. I know of another figure that will be coming out in the near future that has been in development for almost a year now My point is, there is absolutely no way that a two month turn around for a figure is sufficient to completely test it, work out the bugs, assign Joint Parameters without it exploding in your face Hence the reason why I didnt buy Renda upon her release and for sure wont be now. What I have seen of her release is what seems to be the standard practices of many companies today. Release the product in less than perfect format, capitalize on it at the expense of your customers and slowly work on it and release updates (Poser 5 for example). This sort of thinking is what is going to kill this Community and any business for the merchants in it. Frustrating your customers and pushing out crap product is NOT A GOOD THING!! Now many of the merchants here and elsewhere are feeling like theyve been screwed and for all intents and purposes they have been. They invested their time and effort in the hopes of a return that just wont come. And that sour taste is going to be there when others come along with a new figure and looking to get support for it and because of that, they will suffer for the idiocy that has occurred here. My suggestion to you, remove Renda. Compensate the merchants who have worked on the project and created product for an unusable character. Pay them not as brokers but as work for hire employees for their time and hard work and THEN get out of the publishing business, because you obviously have very little regard for your customer base by selling her as screwed up as she was and that is going to affect any future products, sales or support towards any other product that you had in mind in short, you killed your publishing business. Stick to running a website/brokerage store while you may not do that perfectly, you arent blatantly taking money from your customers and members at such a personal risk to yourself by selling unfinished product that was created in bad faith. My next suggestion would be that you listen to your staff and the merchants, because if you had, you wouldve avoided a good portion of your current headache and probably wouldve been more successful. Nuff said by me. Jack