Forum: Community Center

Subject: Regarding the Renda Figure from RPublishing

tim opened this issue on Jun 29, 2005 ยท 208 posts

pdxjims posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 1:23 AM

Orio, I agree that Clint and the 'sity didn't intentionally release a product that has such obvious copyright problems. They did release and continue to sell a new figure with inherent problems that as far as know haven't been fixed. Problems they knew about before it's release. Ultimate responsibility for her release and sale go to the owners of Bondware. The 'sity and RPublishing are divisions of Bondware. There were threads pointing out the problems with Renda before the copyright issue became apparent. I'm glad the 'sity has decided to offer a full refund to those who bought Renda. It's nice of Tim to offer an apology. However, continuing to sell a flawed figure on top of the copyright issues raises issues here. Quality control on the 'sity's own figure seems to be lacking, and that can reflect on every other product in the store. Frankly, I think it'd be a bad choice to spend money an an encoded figure that has known problems. I think it's bad business sense not to just refund the money to everyone and pull the figure. BTW, there is no notice in the Product Showcase thread announcing Renda about it being RTE Encoded. Renda's product page doesn't mention it. I know there hasn't been enough time to fix the page, but there should be something posted by the 'sity in the PS thread. Also, I think the product should be at least temporarally pulled until the new RTE version is available, and the product page is updated to reflect this. There are people who don't read the forums who do buy here, and they don't know they're purchasing a product with known problems.