Forum: Community Center

Subject: Regarding the Renda Figure from RPublishing

tim opened this issue on Jun 29, 2005 ยท 208 posts

jjsemp posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 1:54 AM

The exception to that is the Renderosity is RUN by a COMPANY and owned by a successful corporate business man who owns a company outside of this website and retains a fulltime attorney.<< Just because an entity calls itself a "company" doesn't mean that the many people who work there know what they are doing. As for the owner (I assume you mean of Bondware), I doubt that he's actively involved in every aspect of the day-to-day operations of Renderosity. >>He is NOT inexperienced to the ways of business or conducting business, he is very intelligent and skilled. So that excuse, if it could or should be one, doesn't apply here.<< If you read my post, I never indicated that inexperience was an "excuse." Just something for us buyers to be wary of. >>If you are going to run a website that sells product to the public, home-based hobby or not, it is STILL a business and should be ran and maintained as such.<< I never said otherwise. >>Inaction or ignorance isn't an excuse to sell bad product, harm the reputation of others working on that product, or take money from customers for half finished product.<< I never said otherwise. >>And if you think it is okay to do that, then you deserve to be treated like sheep and fleeced.<< I never said...oh, never mind. You seem to be having too much fun for me to stop you. But I will admit that I don't think that these periodic upheavals in the world of Poserdom are the "major global disasters" that some people take them as being. I seem to recall SOME people in this forum getting all worked up about Poser 5 upon its release. It was, as I recall, the end of the world, a blasphemy against nature, and the root of all evil and representative of the dark side of the Force. Now, today, many people are CLINGING to their copies of Poser 5, deathly afraid of abandoning them in favor of Poser 6. You really DO have to keep things in perspective and let things work themselves out, which is all I AM saying. -jjsemp