Forum: Community Center

Subject: Regarding the Renda Figure from RPublishing

tim opened this issue on Jun 29, 2005 ยท 208 posts

byAnton posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 4:13 AM

Jack, hehe I know. hehe. I got what you meant. Figures are alot of work. I have seen too may rip offs, copies and skinjobs over the years. I have often thought of doing a tutorial on how people rip off figures so everyone knows what to look for. Problem is that the people who cheat think they are being clever and don't realize how easy it is to see what they did andhow they did it. This renda issue is so very very very important. It establishes copyright beyond mesh. It represents that even when using an original mesh, copyright into design can be violated. There are very few who know all the subtlies of figure making. To people who aren't into modelling, rigging, and 3d on a daily basis, all figures tend to look alike. I am always sympathetic to inncoent people dragged down by those who have misled them. And I have always been sympathetic to people who have been ripped off. I'll be honest in that I am very worried that now that Apollo is released, and after 7 years of the same figure design, I am about to be ripped off in the next generation of figures. I would like to think it isn't going to happen, and time will tell if the their next generation becomes more Maximus than Millenium. I certainly remember Eve. She was an original concept. Now we use that concept every day in our figures. I am sorry but I still see no difference between someone reverse-engineering V3 and someone reverse engineering Poser. I don't think either one is right. Or what then can be justified in the name of business and making $$$. I have often wondered if we were manipulated years ago regarding the P5 Eula at PoserPros. I feel it might have done it to for unrestricted access to the file formats. Funny word "Eula" is. Original mesh or original code, a skin job is a skin job. Design is a hard thing to protect. Like religion, people seem to pick and choose what rules apply to them oppose to others.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....