Forum: Community Center

Subject: Regarding the Renda Figure from RPublishing

tim opened this issue on Jun 29, 2005 ยท 208 posts

Jack D. Kammerer posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 4:34 AM

jjsemp, Forgive me, I wasn't directing my post and comments towards you in particular, I was merely replying collectively in regard to some of the Community's attitude around that particular subject. Many times now (situation with Mehndi immediately comes to mind, as well as, this one does) where some of the members try to defend the owners of websites such as this one by saying things like: "Well they aren't professional business people, so cut them some slack... etc." What I was trying to do was state my opinion in regard to comments like those, because I seriously believe that once the owners of a website decide to conduct "business" where money is exchanged for product or work... then they should be considered as a business and if those individuals have a lack of regard for their customers or don't know how to run a business, then they really shouldn't be IN business. Sure it is fine to excuse some mistakes made, but there are some mistakes that should be intolerable and in instances like this one or the one involving Mehndi, well, damn those should be pretty hard to overlook or forgive and forget. Now, I don't know how it is for anyone else here, but I am lucky to have what little money I happen to have and darn lucky if I have a little extra to spend now and then. My money is important to me and if I am going to spend that money on something, I darn sure want to be assured that it is worth that money I spent... and if it isn't, I am going to question why it isn't, not make excuses for the individuals who sold that crap to me. No offense, but I have to wonder as a customer here (which I am, as many of the merchants here can attest too) if Renda could be passed and put into the Online Store with the glaring flaws that she had and she was supposed to be a name brand, flagship product for the company and individuals who own this website... well, god, just what sort of real testing is being done here in the online store for customer quality assurance in products that aren't directly related to the reputation of the owners here? And if Im off base then my next question would be... WHY wasn't Renda held to the same standards of quality as opposed to any other product that goes into the online store? Maybe it's just me and the fact that I consider myself lucky to have what little money I do have to spend and the fact that I can't spend it frivolously, means that it is going to bother me when I've felt that that money has been wasted. /shrug To forgive I can do, sure, but to forget would be to give up an experience... one that I really wouldn't care to go through or relive again if I can help it. Jack