Forum: Community Center

Subject: Marketplace search useless

KateTheShrew opened this issue on Jun 20, 2005 ยท 9 posts

Meddlesom posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 10:27 PM

The problem isn't with the search engine, the problem is that too many merchants here deliberately miscatagorize their products to get more exposure. If you look at the victoria 1/2 section you will see that it is saturated with products for victoria 3. Same if you look at the stephanie catagory, it is full of stephanie 3 goods. For example, looking right now at page 1 of catagory "Poser : Victoria : Clothing", display 18 thumbnails, there is not even one single product for victoria 2. All eightteen products are for victoria 3. Now looking at the catagory " Poser : Victoria : Character Sets", out of 18 products only ONE of them is for victoria 1/2. It comes down to a lot of false advertising on the part of the merchants, and a big source of frustration for the consumer. I've been lucky a couple times that I review my cart more than once before I check out, because I've come close to buying a product that I couldn't use at all. Personally, this really pisses me off. It wastes my time when I'm looking for something for one figure and the entire catagory I'm looking through is for something else. This would be like going to a computer software store, going to the section for macintosh applications and finding nothing but windows games. Renderosity really needs to start making an effort to get the merchants to catagorize their products properly, either by making the checking of catagories part of the product testing process and at least issuing a warning to the merchants who continuously mislead their customers.