Forum: Community Center

Subject: Regarding the Renda Figure from RPublishing

tim opened this issue on Jun 29, 2005 ยท 208 posts

Jack D. Kammerer posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 11:33 PM

Is anyone really surprised at this? Sheesh, take a look around at how this place is run. It's about a quick and easy buck...and we all buy into it. Having been here from day one and witnessed all the business shenanigans that went on with Mr. J Kammerer, it's not a surprise how this all is going down. I'm sure he's having a good time watching this.<< Hey Mobius, It is interesting that you say that, because just yesterday while talking to Ironbear he and I pretty much said the same thing all boiling down to a pattern of behavior and curiously enough, despite those patterns, people continue to move on as though that situation occurred to such an extent where Ive heard people of power in this Community joking about this Community having short term and selective memories. /shrug/ maybe there is some truth to that after all. Forgive me for not mentioning Solandra, which incidentally, if memory serves me, was really one of the first human figures made for this Community that wasnt made by Zygote/DAZ but made from a Community Member. and I also remember that, even though you and I had a disagreement about her and some work that I thought still needed to be done on her, and despite your anger at me at the time, you worked very hard on making her even better for your customers and put a lot of time in her creation, long after I left Renderosity. As for me having a good time watching this. Strangely, I find myself apathetic to the whole thing. Maybe that is because that Poser has once more become only a hobby for me (and a drastically reduced one for that matter) and Ive moved on to an industry where progression and innovation happens on a weekly basis and absorbs much of my time. Perhaps a few years ago, Id be dancing a jig and urinating on the corpse of Renda, and be smug about the whole ordeal I did have a tendency to be a PITA at times. But today, I could care less if Tim walked out of his office butt naked and declaring how wonderful he looked in his new clothes. Today, however, I just sit back and just shake my head in amazement at how this Community allows these things to repeatedly happen to them over here and how the administration and moderators here (those that I always believed to have integrity) rush, like mindless zombies, and defend the bad decisions made (like Renda) and repeat in mindless, robotic fashion that: Renderositys Sales have NEVER been better. Which leads me to believe that if the Community isnt going to bother to wake up and defend itself from these sort of abuses, well then, they deserve whatever crap they get. If these people arent going care about themselves then, really, why should I? Off topic, very AWESOME work that youve been doing with Stonemason and you can definitely be sure that I will be buying more your guys stuff over at DAZ. I cant get enough of your sci-fi stuff (or your Urban set) and always enjoy the hidden messages that Stone puts in the textures!! Jack (who loves his Mother LOL)