Forum: Community Center

Subject: Regarding the Renda Figure from RPublishing

tim opened this issue on Jun 29, 2005 ยท 208 posts

DCArt posted Fri, 01 July 2005 at 7:22 AM

Believe it or not, I do agree with everything you say. 8-) I am also a person who has created "niche" products that haven't sold. I elected to take them off this site myself. But I had fun making them. That's the whole point. And believe me, I've also been quite vocal in the past about some of the more blatant "sex sells" products. 8-D And I also agree with you that niche products have their place. For example, I have on my hard drive half-made clothing for kids, Don, Judy, and several other ideas that had been rejected in other places. I WANT to do niche products. But here, it seems they get buried so fast that no one ever sees them unless you have "a name." And yeah, one in particular sold only ten copies. I almost wonder if the niche products would stand a better chance if they were more visible? Another part of the problem is, when people see what really sells they have a tendency to copy it. And then we get a zillion of them to choose from. That seems the most obvious place to start when I say that the number of items has to be reduced. Yes, you are right ... we need better quality. Yes, you are right, we need niche products. And most of all, we need originality, and not more of the same. And people need to be more considerate of other people's work. As I said, the decision of what to sell and what not to sell is a delicate and hard decision where you have to strike the right balance. No matter WHAT the decisions are, someone is going to be unhappy. It is a job that I wouldn't want. Sorry for the big blunders I made in my attempts to say what was on my mind. In the greater scheme of things, I hope you understand that I was only trying to suggest things that would HELP the community as a whole.