Forum: Carrara

Subject: Poser to Carrara imports????

CatLord&Dragon opened this issue on Feb 10, 2001 ยท 17 posts

CatLord&Dragon posted Fri, 16 February 2001 at 8:22 AM

I'm in, too. In fact, I've just sent it. Below is the copy of what I just sent Currious Labs. Anyone know which email address to use for Correl's Bryce division? Dear Sirs, I am an avid user of Poser and 3D modeling products from other companies, including Metacreations' Carrara. I find that these products are of great flexibility, reliability, and ease of use for creating models, scenes, and animations. There is just one issue which irritates me in using them: The lack of compatibility between the various products out there. I hope you can help me and other 3D artists by taking note of our concerns and work with your colleagues in building the bridges linking these otherwise invaluable applications. I know that other competing companies charge exorbitant prices for products that are only marginally better in the quality of animations. However, Metacreations had created many of these 3D animation and modeling products and made them quite affordable, and thus, provided quite an inroad for many starving artists. For reasons still unclear to many of us, Metacreations has divested their interest and quit supporting these products. It was very kind and wise of your company to see that this valuable resource would not die off. But, please, since you have made such an investment by picking up Poser as your own, don't let it die of neglect! Please provide us a Plug-in for exporting scenes and animations to Carrara and importing finished Carrara scenes and animations back to Poser so that myself and others can continue to use these products to display what we have in our minds' eye. Thank you, Terrell Vance