Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: OT: Great Britain beats the French again...!

ziggie opened this issue on Jul 06, 2005 ยท 45 posts

simontemplar posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 4:04 PM

I recall the Albertville winter games and their true consequences. Rather negative, economically speaking. And I don't even like sports...I ain't either much a fan of our current "leader". In many aspects I don't agree with his choices. Now. All of this being, I hope, very clear...

Is it just me or do I see here a truckfull of xenophobic chit-chat?
Saying that we, french, lack humility? Just when did Mr Blair show some humility in the course of his current mandate? Oh, and what exactly is driving on the proper side of the road? Was this carved in stone or something? I won't go on about all I have seen written in that thread, as obviously some people were joking, but I think this is a bit too much. I don't like the decisions JWB made, but I am not going to spit in the face of the whole people of America. Amalgam is a trait of idiocy.

All the "I don't like the french, since I don't like Chirac", pull your heads out of you asses. You're mixing one guy with a whole country. Also ask yourselves if we all like our prez. When you have time give a look at his goddam popularity chart.

French this, french that. They are like this, they are like that. How funny. Everyday, here in France, I work like a slave to make British people's life easier with computers. They usually like me because I take all the time and make all the efforts needed so they won't have to worry about their machines going bonkers, also making sure they can remain in touch with their relatives in UK through internet.
And mind you, so they don't feel too lost with all of this (my customers often need help with the very basic notions in computer use), I speak english to them. For their comfort. So they really know what everything is about.

As a person who respects the right of people to be who they are and what they are, I do say, I feel hurt and insulted.
Feel free to laugh at me or anything else, it can't really get worse anyway can it? If in place of "french" we had the word "black" or "chinese" inserted in those posts I see here, it would be stamped as xenophobic right away. But since it's french, it's okay isn't it?
Oh and one last thing: considering what happened today in London, I really think the Olympics are far from being something we all should care much about right now. Unless of course, helping the wounded and mourning the dead comes after singing national anthems and play the "mine is bigger than yours" game.
Blah.

Message edited on: 07/07/2005 16:09