Forum: Carrara

Subject: Any word on the updated SDK file for transposer 2 yet?

3rdimension opened this issue on Jul 10, 2005 ยท 28 posts

InfoCentral posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 9:19 PM

Just think you can still use it with Poser 4.

3rdimension wrote: "Till E-frontier will come to their senses and do this for Eovia, otherwise they will continue to have a lot of unhappy customers, and possibly losing some "

I think E-Frontier has a lot of very happy customers with Poser 6. Poser 4 was rock solid. Poser 5 was rocked with bugs and took 4 services patches to contain it. Poser 6 has been rock solid and they even threw in a complete modeling and animation program with it - Shade. And to make things even better they also threw in PoserFusion so you can import/export from Shade to Poser and vice versa. They also threw in Magic Sketch that allows you to draw a 2D shape and have a 3D object automatically built from it that you can import into Shade and save. (I love to play around with this for quick background stuff).

So where are the "unhappy customers" coming from and who should they be mad at? BodyStudio seems to work well for Cinema, 3ds max and Poser 6. Shade seems to work well with Poser 6 and it was FREE. So what's your gripe with E-Frontier? They giving away too much??? I think your anger is misdirected. E-Frontier and Curious Labs has never and will never build a plug-in for Carrara. They never sold you any plug-ins and certainly are not responsible for other companies bilking thier own user base with plug-ins that don't work. W.C. Fields: "Never give a sucker an even break."

Message edited on: 07/10/2005 21:22