Forum: Carrara

Subject: Any word on the updated SDK file for transposer 2 yet?

3rdimension opened this issue on Jul 10, 2005 ยท 28 posts

DustRider posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 7:00 PM

You can get great quality renders of Poser figures in CS4 much easier (and faster) than in Poser6 or Shade-le (the "free" version that came with P6). This alone is more than enough reason to want P6 support in Transposer. I would like to have P6 comapatibility with Transposer, and am hoping it will be available soon.

But that may never happen, unless CS users can make enough noise to be heard by e-Frontier, and they (e-Frontier) see that there is a benefit to making an SDK available to Eovia. Eovia could easily be considered a competitor to e-Frontier, since Shade is their flagship product.

I'm keeping a close watch on the development of DAZ Studio. If they can implement dynamic hair and cloth, then Eovia would have an alternative to Poser and e-Frontier. Right now DAZ Studio is on the par with P4, but with the addition of dynamic cloth/hair it would be very competitive with P6, and DAZ is comitted to making an SDK available to any interested 3rd party developers (unlike e-frontier seems to be now).

Just a few random thoughts.

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......