Forum: Carrara

Subject: Any word on the updated SDK file for transposer 2 yet?

3rdimension opened this issue on Jul 10, 2005 ยท 28 posts

Nicholas86 posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 8:27 PM

"BTW, how is TrueSpace coming along or did you sell it already? Being an active Blender user I have some questions about the game development side. Have you ever build any games using Blender? I want to build some educational games. Would Blender be a good choice? Thanks..."

Given up on selling Truespace its resell value is low. And holding out for TS7 to see if it might be of use in my toolset with its "improved" interface.

Blender CAN develop games. As to whether its the best platform for game development, that I'd have to question. They are currently working on intergrating an opensource platforum called Crystal Space.

"Not sadisfied with that answer involving my beloved Carrara I then contacted E-Frontier who had just recently acquired Curious Labs. I asked them if it made any business sense to keep quite about another 3D program that is able to function directly with theirs. They sent that e-mail directly to Curious Labs who contacted me. This time they said they were unaware of TransPoser, thanked me for the information, and said they would include it in the next newsletter. The next month sure enough it was there. It would appear on their website alongside the other apps soon afterward.

So where is this working together on it; they weren't even aware of it."

Thats a little odd. Bad communication between the companies if this is all true. I would think that it would be benefit to both companies to advertise transposer. Even now with Shade. I'd think efrontier would like Carrara users to purchase Poser 6 and be able to import Poser 6 animation and would thus support further Transposer development. Well who knows what is up. I'll email efrontier myself and see whats going on and if the SDK has been released. Will update here when I have received a reply.

Brian

Message edited on: 07/11/2005 20:32