Forum: Carrara

Subject: Any word on the updated SDK file for transposer 2 yet?

3rdimension opened this issue on Jul 10, 2005 ยท 28 posts

InfoCentral posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 10:29 PM

Nicholas86 wrote: "Given up on selling Truespace its resell value is low. And holding out for TS7 to see if it might be of use in my toolset with its "improved" interface." I have a registered version of 4.3 so I keep getting offers to buy 6.6 for way below retail price and they are willing to throw in several training DVDs as well. So I know the resell value has to be low. But heck, there are places on the internet selling Carrara 3 for $49. I would say that I wish I would have waited but I'm glad I got in when I did. Nicholas86 wrote: "Blender CAN develop games. As to whether its the best platform for game development, that I'd have to question. They are currently working on intergrating an opensource platforum called Crystal Space." I saw on the website they are selling a game development kit but it isn't up to date with the current version and there have been some GI changes. Apparently there has been a recent release? So they want to drop their own and combine Blender with Crystal Space for game development side. Nicholas86 wrote: "I would think that it would be benefit to both companies to advertise transposer. Even now with Shade. I'd think efrontier would like Carrara users to purchase Poser 6 and be able to import Poser 6 animation and would thus support further Transposer development." That's what I thought too. But perhaps we both are reading this wrong. E-Frontier aquired Curious Labs not because they wanted to promote Poser but to gain the established marketing of Curious Labs so they could market Shade to the West. It already has the East market. The goal is to establish Shade here in the West. Poser is just a sideline. And with that thinking wouldn't Carrara be in direct competition with Shade? And wouldn't TransPoser then be in direct competition with PoserFusion? Wasn't the first thing Daz did with Daz Studio is set-up their own propriety file type? Trying to lock Poser out. To this day their plug-in for Poser to Bryce is only through Daz Studio. Nicholas86 wrote: "Well who knows what is up." Exactly! If you talked to me back in the days of Poser 5 I would have said they were going to die off and Daz was going to take over. Then E-Frontier comes in and everything changes overnight. Daz can't seem to get their product out the door. Been several years now and still Daz Studio is in beta. Bryce has minimal improvement. Sad, I had such high hopes for Daz. I recently dropped my Platimum membership there.