Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: I saw this and thought of Renderosity

MistDragon opened this issue on Jul 14, 2005 ยท 23 posts

Argon18 posted Fri, 15 July 2005 at 2:06 PM

Attached Link: Example of women in armor

Well I did like the comic and thought it was funny but I was just going into some of the ramifications of protection versus agility. I do feel sorry for the horses that had to carry the soldiers in armor since they had to be bred for it and weren't very fast, that's alright if you're part of a vast army since they don't travel very fast anyway Those that could wear the chain mail bikini's probably could travel a lot farther and faster so if you're barbarian or doing mercenary work it's far preferable. Joan of Arc was a woman in Europe that did wear that kind of plate armor that was used for combat, but she had the fervor of her faith to sustain her like the berserkers. "Her armor was also made at Tours, by an armorer named Colin de Montbazon.37 Surviving records show that the price came to 100 livres-tournois,38 and as with all such suits of plate armor the pieces had to be tailored for her individual measure. It was described in the archaic French of the period as "ung harnois blanc" - a full suit entirely made of plates, presenting a reflective "white" surface of steel uninterrupted by any duller sections of chain mail." Which just shows that different types of armor have different uses depending on your situation and what your tactics are. As Xeno said a lot of the NVIATWAS are Fantasy images and not meant for actual combat, just representing the ideal in art.

Click to get a printed and bound copy plus T-shirts, mugs and hats