Forum: Fractals

Subject: The hot 20 - again

Deagol opened this issue on Jul 05, 2005 ยท 96 posts

Deagol posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 7:11 PM

I don't believe that. It has happened in the past because I have gotten one of those IMs, but on every image? I don't think so.

The people who dominate the hot 20 (and we all know who they are) do so because they have a posse, a clique. I guess that's OK because it does boil down to popularity. It just gets so frustrating to see same ones showing up there with every single one of their daily images. How do you compete with that? Van Gogh himself could put an image in the fractal gallery and not compete. Really, take a look at the galleries of these people and see if you can find an image that has NOT been in the hot 20. That's not fair. I know that it will take a change to the system to correct that. In the mean time the only way to help is to vote.

It's been over a week since I started this thread and I am not sure what to think. It might be working. I have 2 images in there and I don't remember the last time that happened, but it's like I campaigned for it with this thread. I wish that it was still more diverse. If you have been voting, great, thanks, keep it up.

Message edited on: 07/17/2005 19:18