Forum: Photography

Subject: Critisism - I know, it's a known topic

WonderfulCreation opened this issue on Jul 24, 2005 ยท 46 posts

Margana posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 12:32 PM

Hi Johannes.Unless it is something really obvious,like the image is cropped badly,extremely overexposed,etc. I hesitate to offer my criticism.Even when it is asked for.For one thing,I don't see myself as any kind of expert and see myself as a beginner here.And...I have also found that even when asked for,critique is not necessarily wanted.One time I did offer my opinion on something I thought could be improved,and the artist was offended.There is a language barrier here,however subtle it may sometimes seem,and this artist misunderstood my intent.So now I mostly try to find something positive to say about the image and keep the negative criticism to myself.Of course you can always post here and you will definately get the feedback you are looking for.People expect to get that here.Have a great Sunday,what's left of it,and an even better week!-Marlene

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno