Forum: Photography

Subject: Critisism - I know, it's a known topic

WonderfulCreation opened this issue on Jul 24, 2005 ยท 46 posts

DeviousMoose posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 12:51 AM

I know you do cyn..... its just frustrating when I see other artists (this is an ART community isnt it?) not getting the recognition that is deserved because of a group that just tends to give each other pats on the back.

I get many comments sent to me about what is written on my main page here where they are discouraged (and I admit that I get discouraged sometimes) because they think their work is good- but why isnt it getting viewed? Then they see the number of comments on that- where the comments are 100% positive (even on that nediocre image).

I will also give a prime example of this. Right this second as I am typing this there is an image ("Still Strolling Around That Lake") that has only 3 viewings (I was one of the 3) I think it is a great image- but above it a couple rows is a cat snapshot (no offense to the photographer) and it has 12 viewings & 3 comments (oops 14 now) and the comments really dont have anything to say about the actual photo. If this is an ART COMMUNITY- we should be artists and act like one.