Forum: Photography

Subject: Critisism - I know, it's a known topic

WonderfulCreation opened this issue on Jul 24, 2005 ยท 46 posts

L8RDAZE posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 6:13 AM

One thing that I think is being missed here is that galleries are NOT geared or designed for any REAL-WORLD in-depth critique, even if that IS what you WANT! There have been a few times where I gave advice on how to improve an image and the artist actually took this feedback, made the changes I suggested and then reposted the revised version, without any explanation or reference! This made my original comments a moot point and OTHERS took them out of context! I think RENDEROSITY's membership base is a mixed bag, there are those that ARE here just to SHARE and those that NEED to ADVANCE, and require candid feedback to do so. While the site can't be everything to everybody, it CAN set expectations UP FRONT to let people KNOW what they are getting into! I think the suggestions above WOULD make a big different around here! To use an analogy...baby birds would never LEARN to FLY, if their parents NEVER PUSHED them out of the NEST! FORCED them in a sense...to GROW...and SOAR! Constant hand-holding and being overly protective...doesn't get you anywhere! One other thing...this forum is a place to come to and ask for help, suggestions, critiques, feedback... we WELCOME it! Hey we're not all experts, WE want to learn as well! For those unaware, we do hold MONTHLY challenges that you may want to participate in! They do tend to PUSH you and get you motivated...to see things in a different way! You just might want to give them a go! We just might learn something from one another...now wouldn't THAT be something?!?! my 2.5 cents! L8r! Joe