Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: No postwork catagory or Poser 2d + catagory

dricci opened this issue on Jul 28, 2005 ยท 73 posts

TrekkieGrrrl posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 4:02 PM

I was once a Poser Purist. Hardly ever did any postwork on my pictures. Then I started. I began slowly to enhance things like lights and larity. Then added some softening filters and nowadays I SOMETIMES end up using as much time on postwork than on the render itself. But is it less Poser for that reason? If you'd asked me 1-2 years ago I would have shouted out a big, resounding YES! Now I'm not so sure. Is it "cheating" to cover up a poke-thru? Or to smooth one of Poser's wonky knees or elbows? or lighten some parts that got too dark because, let's face it, Poser's lighning is ... strange. Or, for that matter, change the picture from colour to black and white? The base is still Poser. Besides, and this is probably the main reason why people post their pictures in the Poser gallery and not in Mixed Medium - the Poser gallery get wayyyyyyyyy more hits than the Mixed Medium gallery. Try posting a pic in MM and see for yourselves. I've tried it. It was depressing. We post pictures here in order for other people to see them, right (and hopefully comment on them) - if that wasn't the reason, why post them at all? Or just post toem in your own, private Photobucket- or whatever gallery. We want hits. And the Poser gallery is where you get that. And if I knew how to get people to look at my pics in the MM gallery, I'd gladly post them there. But right now, I post them where the possible viewers are.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.