Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: No postwork catagory or Poser 2d + catagory

dricci opened this issue on Jul 28, 2005 ยท 73 posts

wolf359 posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 6:17 PM

Well ive been using poser since fractal designs poser2 and photoshop since version 2 Before layers. im glad to see both programs have progressed as they have Consider putting a "no postwork" header in all of your image titles then those who are so inclined will no they are about to view a "pure" poser image. it seems to me that very few people really care about this debate when they visit the galleries they are more interested in story, moods, intent.humor or even the genres of the peices they see what i find tedious about this "request" is that it crops up regularly here. undisturbed by the reality that renderosity has no means to police such a gallery short of having members submit their images for some draconian forensic pixel by pixel examination to look for" anomolies consistant with post manipulation" not ALL post work is obvious They would of course have to have established some "baseline" definition of what a "pure" poser render actually is. one agreed to by the community as a whole. with different Baselines for Poser4 render poser4 with third party light sets, poser5 "firefly" poser6 IBL oh!!! and poser6 IBL using third party HDR images that did not ship with poser6. and lets not even mention python scripts like "real skin shader" any testing "standards" short of what ive described will constantly be challenged as being arbitrary and subjective replete with accusations of favoritism and cronyism by those disgruntled artists who had their work declared "impure" by some elite "star chamber" jury panel. not to even mention the inevitable faction those who actually got approved. constantly demanding a "reexamination" of other "pure renders" that they feel look "too good" to have not been post worked. so yeah when i think about the REAL WORLD implication of trying to establish such a gallery in this community it makes me............yawn .

My website

YouTube Channel