Forum: Fractals

Subject: The hot 20 - again

Deagol opened this issue on Jul 05, 2005 ยท 96 posts

tdierikx posted Sun, 31 July 2005 at 5:37 PM

Hang on.... I was just saying that if WE want to see works that WE like in the Hot 20 - WE have to vote - nothing more, nothing less. That is how the works get there, right? Votes dictate which works appear...? So, it stands to reason that if people don't vote for the works that they like - then they can't really complain about other people's tastes over the works appearing in the Hot 20. I am NOT advocating reciprocal voting! The idea that certain people should dominate the Hot 20 by default actually seems a little silly. Sure, there are some very fine artists submitting very fine works that are somehow not appearing in the Hot 20 - but not everyone's tastes are the same as each other's. What YOU may think is a masterpiece may not seem so to ME (for example). Such a simple concept really... if you like something, vote for it! How come there are so many people managing to spend their time complaining about the way the Hot 20 works - but say that they don't have the time to vote for the works they'd rather see in there? This is all just going around in circles and is becoming rather pointless as far as I see it. T.

Who? Me?