Forum: Fractals

Subject: The hot 20 - again

Deagol opened this issue on Jul 05, 2005 ยท 96 posts

tdierikx posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 12:02 AM

That is a good point jockc... but maybe extending that to one vote per gallery section (ie. Fractals, Poser, Terragen, etc) - some people may be regular participants in more than one medium... Deagol - the sorry fact of the matter is that we have members here who seem to think that just about every image they upload should be automatically included in the Hot 20 - just because they think that their work is so much more superior than anyone else's. Yet these same people beg off on the voting aspect, saying that it's a waste of their time for one reason or another... they want everyone to vote and comment on their work "just because"... sorry people, that ain't gonna happen... ever... Me personally? I've never voted for anyone's work - and I really couldn't care less if my work gets into some Hot 20 list or not. If I post my work here, it's because I thought it was decent enough for public viewing, and if other people like it, that's nice - if they don't, that's cool too. I have over 1100 fractal images in my own personally hosted gallery - and 2 (yes TWO) that I have posted here... draw whatever conclusion you like from that little fact. Renderosity isn't the be all and end all of the "art" or fractal community you know... T.

Who? Me?