Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: any way to display render time in p6?

Gareee opened this issue on Aug 07, 2005 ยท 19 posts

Gareee posted Mon, 08 August 2005 at 8:01 AM

It's socket 939 with the dual channel support. Amd decreased the chache size, because using dual channel ram, the chache has less impact. It's a 3500+ The P4 didn't have dual channel support (it's in a 2.5 year old rig, before dual channel was available.) I'm hoping (but not seriously) that we see a P6 64 bit version as a sr update, but the code may be too oold to compile specifically for 64 bit tech. since I have 2 gig ram now, (I can actually toss some in from the other machine as well), increasing the bucket size also seems to speed rendering up quite a bit. The real test, will be when Lightwave's 8.5 update is released, and it has built in 64 bit support, and faster opengl performance as well. I'm also running the desktop much higher res as well (1600x1200 vs the old system's 1280x1024). and I'm still seeing very dramatic speed increases. (MUCH nicer having more real estate in P6!) UT2004 is running "holy shit!", and 1280x1024 with framerates around 100 or more most of the time. The P4 does have hyperthreading, but when I'm rendering, I'm usually off doing something else.. plus with the dual side by side rigs now, I can also web bbrowse or read email/forum posts on the old system while rendering.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.