Forum: Photography

Subject: August Monthly Challenge: Nostalgia-#2

Kristanene opened this issue on Aug 17, 2005 ยท 7 posts

Kristanene posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 11:26 AM

Thanks Cyn!! :-) I'm getting a little better at the thumb..for some reason my brain doesn't retain that information when I go back to Photoshop to resize. That's really interesting Rich! Makes total sense of course. My great-grandpa used to say that there were some days when he went to school that it would be snowing so hard that it would literally be snowing inside the building and the boys couldn't see the girls, just one the other side of the school!! My grandma went to a school like this as well, up until she got into 9th grade. :-) Not likely to see the inside anytime soon, unless my granda or somebody could track down the owner..it's at the edge of someone's fields, and I'll give you three guesses what's probably hidden among the plants somewhere in the middle! Thanks Sheila!! This one's pretty close to my heart too. There was another one that I wanted to get a shot of, that my great-great grandpa built, but it fell down and they bulldozed everything off and cleaned it up to where it doesn't even look like anything's ever been there now. But, our family did get the bell! But you're right about the MJ..exactly why I didn't try to get any closer than I did as well!! They definitely aren't shy about shooting at people, and, in those mountains, no one would EVER find the body!!! Thanks PeeWee!! That it is..wish I could've gotten closer though.