Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Artist for Figure References

Grimtwist opened this issue on Aug 17, 2005 ยท 14 posts

Svigor posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 1:20 PM

Grimtwist, you and I are in the minority of folks whose interest in Poser is actually in line with what it's best at! I use it for reference too. It's a godsend for that. Be advised though, Poser (and presumably DAZ Studio) are only going to give you problematic reference. As far as I can tell Poser solves two problems almost perfectly: Perspective Proportion You have the advantage of being able to always go back and choose another perspective, which is great, and you'll always get accurate figure proportions. What Poser won't do is give you anatomically correct musculature. It also won't give you anatomically precise joints. There are lots of little musculature problems with every figure I've ever used, and they're exacerbated by posing (the more extreme the pose the worse the problem). If you know your anatomy though, and you want to save time on proportion and perspective, then I heartily endorse Poser (Poser 4 is good enough for your purposes btw). I suggest you look into how much computer power you'll need to be happy running Poser. I've yet to have a system that ran it fast enough, which is frustrating.