Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anyone checked out the new CP char Miki?

Marque opened this issue on Aug 17, 2005 ยท 284 posts

ytetsu posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 8:53 PM

Hello all.

It's good news for you that you can buy Miki.
But currentry I'm disapointed for e-frontier, because the Miki1020 package is very different from japanese version including. (Diffrent clothings, No pose file, No Expression file, No Bike.)
And there is a no information about face room moduke fo japanese version yet. (From japanese forum, the Module for Miki1020 doesn't work for japanese version.)

Anyway, I can give you some information about them from my experiment. But I'm not sure whether CP version is same as japanese version or not.

For Miki.
If you want gloss for lips, there are two ways, I think.
(1) Use specular map including package.
I don't know it's included in Miki1020 or not, but there is a "Miki_Fase_Spec_09_01.jpg" in japanese package. this is specular mask for lips and eyes.
(2) Making new lips material group.
You can make new material group for lips using GroupEditor in Poser 6. And assign image maps for lips same as head texture map. (Of course, you can make new texture template using UVMapper, for new texture map.) Then, you can change lips material changing specular color, diffuse color, and so on.
Caution!! The Miki's EULA allow to make new shader in material, but not for material group. So if you make new mterial group, you must do it at your own lisk.

For Koji.
As noticed above, following is for japanese version and it may be diffrent from CP version.
Koji is seemed to be made from James' body with new head and neck. The UVs are not completely same, but very similar.
And you can use FBM of James for Koji, using MorphManager and modifying body channel of cr2 by text editor. The FBM works for body but not for head and neck. So when you apply FBM to Koji, there's a gap between chest and neck. To fix this, you may make FBM for neck using magnet. (It's not so difficult, even I could do it.)
Caution!! I'm not sure this is legal or not with EULA, so if you try this do it at your own lisk.