Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anyone checked out the new CP char Miki?

Marque opened this issue on Aug 17, 2005 ยท 284 posts

msorrels posted Thu, 18 August 2005 at 9:52 PM

I'm pretty sure the missing file is what controls the importing of face pictures, which they have said isn't working/doesn't work. So I think it's ok (but crappy). Clearly eFrontier hasn't reproduced this problem that almost everyone is having. I even went so far as to force the face room to use the Miki settings(removed all the faces and changed the XML to say Miki is the default), which sort of works but has issues (like her neck kept gapping open when the morph was applied) and it wouldn't bring in her head texture I had to do it by hand. There is something wrong with the files. Why Deecey's works I have no idea, but the files I have aren't going to work without changes. In case it makes any difference I'm running Windows XP. I'm running Poser 6 SR1. I have the compression option off. I have use external morphs off. I've tried changing these options but didn't see any result. I bought the product from CP, but not through the P6 tab (which I have removed). I unzipped it to a directory and then copied it into my main runtime(cause their zip files are defectively laid out). I then ran the face-room installer against my P6 runtime (which isn't my main). I also tried doing it the other way(installing Miki into my P6 runtime and runnning the face room installer) The XML file has the lines they claim it needs in the right places and appears to me to be valid (but obviously not working). -Matt

-Matt