Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser rant

Svigor opened this issue on Aug 19, 2005 ยท 14 posts

svdl posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 2:42 PM

Got another one: when o when will ALL functionality become exposed to Python? Right now there is no way to change the number of frames in a Poser scene using Python. Increasing the framecount is possible by loading an animated pose, decreasing is not possible. I could go on and on and on.... And when o when will CL ditch that crappy Tkinter (doesn't work on Mac, hardly works on Windows, and Tcl/Tk hasn't been updated in 10 years or so!) and go for a WORKING Python UI? (wxwidgets comes to mind). Layers! Did someone mention layers? Drop to object below. OK, can be written in Python, but it shouldn't be an addon functionality. And please, please CL/e-frontier, get rid of that real-estate consuming playful interface and go for docked toolbars like just about every other 3D app in the world. It would also be a VERY good idea to make use of all the UI gadgets that come with the OS - why spend time and effort on writing a text entry box when OSX, MacOS9 and Windows all give you a textbox that stays put when you're clicking it, responds quickly and accurately to keyboard commands and obeys the OS guidelines when it comes to shortcuts.... And why the **** did they split Render Dimensions from Render Settings? Now whenever I want to switch from a simple test render to final I have to open 2 dialogs instead of one! Total waste of time.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff