Forum: Photography

Subject: An Introduction from Your Moderators -- PLEASE READ

Syyd opened this issue on Feb 23, 2001 ยท 32 posts

Marshmallowpie posted Sun, 25 February 2001 at 3:59 AM

Guess I'm a bit late in here...but here I am. And I'm brand new really. I've only been doing photography for about 3 months, and I'll be doing it as long as I can borrow a camera (probably another 3 months or so..) and I am very much an amateur. I hadn't used an SLR camera before until I got hold of one right before Christmas. But I do find a lot of pleasure in taking photos, even though at this stage I am just playing around with different lenses and f-stops to teach myself what works and what doesn't. I've been doing a bit of macro photography, some results are in my gallery... Here is a pic I took during Christmas in New Plymouth, New Zealand... Compared to most other people in the Photography section I feel like a very helpless amateur, but I hope I'll learn. I've been quite lucky so far - managed to sell a copy of one of the photos similar to the one I'm uploading here, just a couple of days ago. Quite thrilled about that. I really don't deserve it considering I haven't been doing this for long! :-) Oh..and I'm 18, female, a poor Norwegian student living in NZ, I occasionally do my own developing/printing in B/W but I don't really have too much spare time so I spend too much money on developing instead. Anyways, nice to see this Forum up and running! ~Marshmallowpie