Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: If Daz was releasing a new Victoria model what changes would you make from V3?

jhustead opened this issue on Aug 29, 2005 ยท 52 posts

svdl posted Mon, 29 August 2005 at 7:56 PM

Conversion utilities are definitely needed. We already have Universal Texture Converter. It's pretty usable IMO, the resulting MAT files need some tweaking - I think that can be automated too. So a V4 plugin for UTC would take care of lots of the texturing problems. Poses is another matter. I often use poses that are not designed for the figure, then again, I NEVER use poses out of the box. I always tweak. Morphs - well I found that the morphs on V2 closely match the same morphs on V3. Not exactly, of course. So as long as the morphs are identically named, the morph settings will work. The injections are another matter. Actually, the way most things are set up now - the injections and dial settings in one pose file - are not to my liking. I'd prefer to see separate INJ poses containing the readScript lines and MOR poses containing the dial settings. That way the MOR poses are usable for other characters too - did someone mention clothing? Again, it wouldn't be too difficult to write a simple utility that splits the readScripts from the dial settings. If V4 is going to have a different base body shape, then a V3-V4 morphing manikin could be a very useful asset. I've used the free V2-V3 morphing manikin (forgot where I got her, but it's a freebie) with The Tailor to convert some V2 clothes to V3 clothes. By applying a stripped V3 CR2 I was able to make them fit. And I haven't even mentioned Wardrobe Wizard yet. The conversion tools are there, for the most part. Just some new plugins and it'll work.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff