Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Will Facegen work with Mimic?

beos53 opened this issue on Sep 01, 2005 ยท 16 posts

sbertram posted Thu, 01 September 2005 at 9:01 PM

You have to do A LOT of work in order to make Facegen work with Poser figures...I've done it...and the results can be pretty cool. I've never been able to to match the facegen heads up with the Mike/Vicki mesh, so I've had to make the facegen heads into props that can replace the Mike/Vicki head and then morph targets can be applied. It takes A LOT of work in order to avoid unsightly neck lines. In most cases, I am able to do so...but it is not easy, and these characters will never really be able to go into extreme neck poses without postwork being done to the image. Facegen is cool and it serves my purposes, but it really is a lot of meoney if you're only planning to use it in sync with Poser. The guy who makes Facegen would make so much more money if he was willing to cater to the Poser crowd a bit more. For whatever reason, he doesn't seem all that interested though. At least, that was the impression I got from a few e-mail conversations with him. You could probably talk to him yourself though. He seemed like a pretty nice guy. (I got the impression that singular inversions was kind of a one-man show...though I could be wrong. Maybe he's just their rep or something.) Anyway, hope this helps.