Forum: Photography

Subject: Ratings

Marshmallowpie opened this issue on Feb 27, 2001 ยท 17 posts

Marshmallowpie posted Wed, 28 February 2001 at 3:39 PM

I realise that this topic probably already has been discussed in and out, and you must all be sick of newbies like me bringing it up. I just didn't, and still don't, really, understand the policy. I have allowed people to rate my images because I thought that was what I was supposed to do...but to me it is quite worthless. I don't want this to be a competition thing. I'm on this site because I want to learn, more than anything else. I have stopped rating images and I'll stop allowing people to rate my images because I understand that it's not about the ratings.. First time I came here that's what I thought the whole thing was about, the people who introduced me to this site are people who won't be satisfied with anything less than a 10.00. Just as I find movie ratings in newspapers (like.. 1-6) completely useless, it's the same thing here. I totally understand why people want ratings on their images though, it is like a reward if they get a high rating and gives them motivation to be even better next time. Anyway thanks for putting up with me and this old topic. I gotta say, it's good to come here and get some positive feedback on my pictures.... I do photography as a school subject, and my teacher (who has worked as a professional photographer) has never said anything really positive about what I do. I think if it hadn't been for renderosity I wouldn't be doing photography anymore. ~M~