Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Say goodbye P6 Hello Daz Studio!!

DIMENSION_X opened this issue on Sep 19, 2005 ยท 148 posts

LostinSpaceman posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 3:00 PM

*I think DAZ|Studio pulls the plug on Poser Artist. It's got comparable functionality (excluding magnets) and a better renderer, and it's perfect for newcomers who want to try their hand at 3D rendering.*To be competitive with Poser 5, D|S would need: - magnets and wave deformers; - procedural materials; - dynamic cloth; - dynamic hair; - figure creation tools comparable with the Setup room; - Python support; - Animation; - and probably more I'm sorry but D/S does NOT pull the plug on Poser 4 or Poser Artist in this animator's book! Not until it can animate straight out of the perverbial box like Poser 4 still can. Just looking at the list of things you have as P5 & above only I see 3 things that can be done in Poser 4 and can't be done in D/S. While Poser 4 doesn't have the Setup room in it, figures can still be created with the joint editor with a bit of work and elbow grease. Magnet's and Animation have been part of Poser since at LEAST version 4. And I recall a few people who created figures in version 4 with just the joint editor and the grouping tools. I can't speak for Poser version 3 or older as I joined the bandwagon with version 4.