Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Say goodbye P6 Hello Daz Studio!!

DIMENSION_X opened this issue on Sep 19, 2005 ยท 148 posts

xoconostle posted Mon, 19 September 2005 at 3:27 PM

MallenLane wrote: "And 30 posts later you'll have arrived at the same place you all are right now, which is nowhere." DAZ employees should realize that The Community is going to hash things out on this subject for a long time, and that they need to let that happen, no matter how frustrating it may be to them as the owners and developers of their baby when opinions are expressed, even overstated or overheated opinions. I see absolutely nothing wrong with correcting false assertions however. In fact, I think it's a good idea, but that's not what the statement quoted above does. Unfortunately, it's a condescending remark directed at "you all" from someone with a vested interest in DAZ's success. As much as I'm a great appreciator of the writer and his company, it's impossible to appreciate being condescended to when a genearally reasonable discussion about the future of our craft's applications is taking place. Surely DAZ saw this coming? I disagree that this discussion has gone "nowhere." For example Spiritbro77 indicated D|S advantages over P4; that's substantial, not just opinion, not inflammatory argument. byAnton expressed his discomfort with the D|S EULA. While I won't let those clauses bother me as a D|S user, I can see why someone else might find them to be of concern. For my own part I dislike the "versus" component of these discussions. Many of us are already using D|S and Poser side-by-side for their respective advantages. My own moderate perspective aside, these "arguments" are just a normal and perhaps necessary part of current developments. Please, we don't really need those with vested intersts telling us that we're going nowhere for discussing these topics. Per usual, we argue because we care. :-)