Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Warning! Poser implements Reflection input incorrectly!!

bagginsbill opened this issue on Sep 22, 2005 ยท 19 posts

R_Hatch posted Fri, 23 September 2005 at 11:11 PM

Stewer: The problem is, Poser now has PERFECT Renderman export when using Firefly only, or craptastic Renderman export via file:export. I appreciate your efforts with the Python script, but as you state on the Poserman page: "No shadow maps. No Material Nodes. No environment maps. Limited bump mapping." Which is why eF needs to make the Renderman bytestream that it sends to Firfly available to the user for sending to other Renderman engines. As I've stated above, I'm trying to avoid these clunky export workflow options. Having to recreate my shadernode setups is more trouble than it's worth, since I have Cinema4D 9.5, and can recreate shader setups more easily there. Unfortunately, this is still a clunky workflow, since I lose the ability to pose. Ideal workflow (obviously, eF wants to provide this, or they wouldn't have added Firefly): Pose -> setup shaders -> render -> tweak pose/shaders -> render, etc. Once again, since Poser is ALREADY spitting out excellent RIB to Firefly, there shouldn't be a lot of work involved to get it ready to use other engines (unencrypt the shader library, setup a dialog for the user to choose which renderer to use, etc).