Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 5 infinite lights(How I wish they were movable!)

YngPhoenix opened this issue on Oct 06, 2005 ยท 20 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Thu, 06 October 2005 at 2:09 PM

A little spurious reply here. Since raytracing (and similar processes such as radiosity, HDRI, and other forms of render models) is by far the best rendering method but requires exponential times to attain accuracy, why is it that 'rendering boards' have not become ubiquitous? Although PCI-type connections are slower than those to the CPU, dedicated hardware with scalable firmware could alleviate much of this problem. The only other solution is to increase processor speed, bus speed, memory refresh, and number of processors. Yes, I'm daydreaming, but it would be great to have a raytrace render standard applied to hardware, where maybe multiple boards work in some form of SLI that, in ways, simulates multiprocessor support enjoyed by some 3D software. The advantage is increase of render speeds is no longer tied to purchasing an entirely new computer (under most circumstances) or computers to take advantage of the limited network rendering capabilities currently available. Just a thought...

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone