Forum: Fractals

Subject: Thoughts about flames

Deagol opened this issue on Oct 07, 2005 ยท 49 posts

Cyble13 posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 6:39 PM

Attached Link: http://ebtx.com/art/art02.htm

Hi Keith. I'll bite. :) Art is anything that people add to their 'output' which is not functionally necessary and is other than the default properties of that output. "I think that if you have seen a hundred flames you have seen them all, so why is everyone so excited about them?" I once saw the same statement made about spirals.I'm thinking it was peapodgrrl that wrote it, on a forum somewhere, long ago.There are spirals in her artwork, she just doesnt focus on them.She likes to add a sun spot and focus on flower shapes instead.That is her preference. I like spirals.Not ALWAYS the focus in my stuff but alot, yes. I love flames.I love apo.Not because its free or easy to use. I have UF.I PAID for UF.I don't use it much at all anymore. 's price is why some people will never use it. I just find it harder to find a starting point with UF than with apo. I ,personally, can draw half decent, with a pencil and paper.I have done tattooing.I've also messed around with oil paints/acrylics and canvas. I prefer my computer for art endeavors now. Its neat and tidy and stored, on my hard-drive.Not stacked around on shelves in my home. I dont have any degrees in art but made A's in art class in high school...because I LIKE art.I like looking at it and creating it and sharing it with others. I made money tattooing.LOTS of money. I also had people coming to my home all the time with specific ideas on what they wanted permanently etched into their hides.Did many drawings that werent what they wanted until, finally, they saw one they liked enough to pay for. Put alot of time and effort into walking canvas' that carry my artwork wherever they go.It was alot of WORK. Very tiring.Not very fulfilling for me. Behind each image posted here is a person.Some with art degrees, some without.Each has a reason they do what they do. They are all artists in their own minds. If they are encouraged, they may become even better artists...or not. What difference does it make what is used to make art and how does the answer to that affect whether or not the person behind the said art is considered an artist??? THAT is the question I want an answer to. I'm really not a "people person" so I'll probably never sell anything I make.People are nice in small doses but when I get tired of them I withdraw. Doesnt make me very popular and if you aren't popular, you ain't making no money, honey. My take on it all. Movin'on. ;)