Forum: Fractals

Subject: 13.1.20.20.25

villainousBedlamite opened this issue on Oct 06, 2005 ยท 35 posts

fractalinda posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 8:02 PM

You know, I get a little tired of "eccentricity," arrogance and just plain rude and crude behavior justified by way of the "artist's" temprament. I know that's not necessarily what you're implying Keith, but I read it as an underlying kind of message. Because a few famous artists had reputations that spoke of excess, eccentricity, drunkeness, womanizing, etc., etc. certainly doesn't excuse, justify or define an "artist." So, I don't think those behaviors make Matt a great artist; I think he is one in spite of those behaviors. Actually, I do think there is some validity to his argument about comments. But, I personally, would not be here if "12.9.14.4.1" or whatever my sig is..was sufficient comment to be made. I've got a webpage I can concentrate on, and..if I didn't care about feedback- getting it or giving it..I'd simply stay there in quiet solitude. Renderosity is a "community" and- as such, thrives on a paticipatory platform. We all have different personalities, and we all need to practice tolerance for differences in that area. Your "cool" could be a "WOW" from me, and Matt's 13.1.20.20.25 simply doesn't do it for me. I don't consider "I gave you the gift of a piece of my 'life' as a thank you"..or you should be honored by my deigning to grace you with my comments kind of attitude desirable; that is, IMO, the height of arrogance. I've always been awed by most of Matt's artwork, and I even admire his tell-it-like-it-is style, but I can do without the kind of behavior that may have banned him from this community.