Forum: Fractals

Subject: 13.1.20.20.25

villainousBedlamite opened this issue on Oct 06, 2005 ยท 35 posts

undisclosed-designer posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 3:43 AM

I don't understand why so many people have so much grouch about someone, seems he just found an unique way to express himself, like performing art ... In art you have the freedom to express yourself, why not in making comments ... Since too may people run to the moderator too fast, when ya place 1 word in a comment they don't like and risk to be banned for it, is not a freedom to have your appreciation over some piece of artwork expressed ... Here ya have to be very careful, cause some are really sissies and first run to the mod to have your comment removed, and then think about what he may have meant by something he said ... I hear many people asking what i could do about it, and i have to admit to them, i have to hush up too... the freedom of expression is limited in this community... If you can't express your criticism in this gallery any which way you would like to, then you are not free to do so... If you can't stand the feedback in trying to help the other making their art, why do you have the ability to comment enabled... Of course, there are limitations. Some people complain about whether their art is admitted to some other gallery than rendero, why? Does everyone have to like your art in their gallery? I have the same problem with some galleries online, but hey, why should i bother... Some do like my nature abstracts, others just prefer my cubism... LOL ya get to a gallery show, and you spam your dislikes about some piece of work the artist has hanged on their wall as being his masterpiece, and you risk being thrown out by security, cause the artist only want to have people over the floor who loves his art, doesn't really make the guy an artist, does it? Others take an advantage of the situation, and express themselves with a meaningless piece of work, he made in 2 mins and title it with something it should feel, and it gets appreciated by many, but does he really feel what he is showing? Well one day maybe, when people aren't so very short-minded, and lose respect about someone who just have had a bad hair-day. If you can't stand the person, do you have to dislike his art? Rembrandt could have been a rotten sob, hard to imagine, but just an example, but most admire his art... Nah what Matt was trying to do is, express himself by saying: "I am still here and i like what i see." His unique way of expressing himself. Otoh he could mean, all comments look a like and so why wouldn't i put the numeric words in each comment to express myself. my 2 pennies Have a nice weekend, and smile more, makes ya much more happier. Harmen