Forum: Photoshop

Subject: TabletPC Advice?

HonorMac opened this issue on Aug 23, 2005 ยท 10 posts

HonorMac posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 1:40 PM

Well, first, the fix. SBP is so cool it recognizes the pressure sensitivity right off... But everything else needs help. You need to go to the Wacom site and download the "enhanced" wacom "penabled" drivers... ( http://www.wacom.com/tabletpc/driver.cfm ) There used to be an additional file for our particular Toshiba, but I think this newest driver corrects it. If you install this patch, reboot, and it still doesn't work, PM me and I'll shoot you the other patch from before. Two other things... First, Aint it tha BOMB!?! Gawd, I'm -loving- it! Whether "it" is the tabletPC itself, Sketchbook Pro, or the handwriting recognition. I had one professor in school ask disdainfully "Oh, I suppose it does handwriting recognition...? Or fails to." I was sketching at the time in SBP, so I just clicked into "save as" and scribbled a name, which it converted beautifully... (not only does it start off good, it seems to 'learn' your handwriting as it goes, doesn't it?) I just grinned and said "I think it does ok." Second... I'm thinking of forming a web community specifically for promotion, discussion, info-sharing, etc for TabletPC art/artists. It wouldn't look to replace 'rosity or anything, just give people who have or are interested in that specific type of hardware (& to some degree, software) a place to get reviews, share ideas, ask for help, etc. Maybe some rating & review pages, tutorials, forums, and (if we could get manufacturers behind it) maybe some member discounts. Just as a channel marker, would that be anything you might be interested in? ~Honor