Forum: Photography

Subject: Mazes - size doesn't matter!

hauksdottir opened this issue on Oct 17, 2005 ยท 4 posts

hauksdottir posted Mon, 17 October 2005 at 10:54 AM

TwoPynts, It is an ancient volcanic area, and had 2 quarries before it was turned into a park. So, there are flat places, and piles of rocks. For some strange reasons, the piles of rocks seem to migrate over to the flat places when nobody is looking. ;^) (I've never seen anybody carrying a rock, although some of us tidy-up a bit.) The mazes are not marked on any official map, although the rangers will acknowledge that they are there. Hmm... this link says FIVE mazes. http://druidry.org/obod/sacred_sites/ca_mazes.html The heart maze and the largest cretan maze will flood... I've seen both with standing water... so there is a lot of silt which perhaps makes the path smoother: it does catch the light differently. I've got a couple of shots of the cretan one with reflections, but doing anything will take a fair amount of widgeting. It may be best to go back at another time of day. Andy Goldsworthy seems to be the favorite artist of many people around here. If folks aren't building mazes, they are stacking rocks. Compulsion? Putting artists in a quarry is like putting kids in a room full of Legos! Carolly